Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yarn addiction?

Have you ever gone into a yarn shop and not noticed a particular color of yarn only to go in several days later and it simply calls out to you?   That happened to me today.   I went to the same yarn shop I'd been going to and did see that there was new yarn on display, but lo and behold, a variegated merino yarn caught my eye and I simply could not resist picking up two balls of it.
I really don't know how I missed it before!

The yarn is Ornaghi Filati Merino Kind in color #7.  Sorry I don't have a picture of it yet to show you.
LYS owner says it's self striping, so it should make some interesting socks. 

Someone on Ravelry made a pair of stockinette socks with a different colorway and it does stripe.
She used size 3 needles, but I prefer a tighter fabric, so I'll use size 2.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat,

    Sorry about not responding sooner, I just noticed that on the bottom of the email you sent me sans the name of the recycling winner, you commented about switching blogs, so I'm here to have a look see. You've gotten off to a good start. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!